FAQ - Mobile App Questions
The Gate City Bank Mobile Banking App is a service that enables you to access your account information, transfer funds, and pay your bills from an iOS or Android mobile device with Internet access from either a WIFI source or 3G, 4G or EDGE networks.
First, you must download our Mobile App from the iTunes App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore for Android. You can do this either from your mobile device or computer. If you do access our Mobile App from your computer, the App will install on your mobile device the next time the device is plugged in to the computer or synced.
Once you download the App, you log in with the same username and password that you use for Online Banking. No separate or different registration is required. Once logged in, you can:
- Access Your Accounts – you can view account balances and account history.
- Pay Bills – you must first register for Online Bill Pay and set up your payees/billers on a computer before paying bills through our Mobile App.
- Make Transfers – you must have more than one account in Online Banking for this functionality to be available in our Mobile App.
- Find an ATM/Office – you can use the App to locate the Gate City Bank office or ATM nearest to your location.
- Contact Us – you can contact us quickly right from the App.
- Get Cash Back – earn cash back by using your Gate City Bank ATM and Check Card to purchase merchandise and services.
- Deposit Checks – you can electronically deposit checks from your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® , Android™ phone or Android™ tablet (must have a rear-facing camera of at least 1 megapixel) using the Gate City Bank Mobile App.
The Gate City Bank Mobile App is currently available to all Online Banking users who own an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad device or an Android mobile device with access to 3G, 4G, EDGE or WIFI.
Yes. From your mobile device, you will need to log in to the Gate City Bank Mobile App. This is the same login information you would use for Online Banking. No separate Mobile App sign up is required. iPhone users are able to login to the app using Touch ID.
Yes. To protect your privacy, you are required to authenticate yourself on each individual mobile device using the same login information from Online Banking. All communication between your mobile device and the mobile banking server is encrypted. In addition, your password and account information are never stored on the mobile device.
When you select an account name on the "Accounts" tab, the last 30 days of transactions will be displayed. As you scroll down, more transactions will load automatically, going back to 180 days.
To do a funds transfer, you must have more than one account in Online Banking. On the "Transfers" tab, you can enter an immediate, future or recurring transfer between your accounts.
You are able to add a new bill pay payee from the iPhone or Android phone Mobile App. Tap “Pay Bills” from the navigation and select the “Payees” tab. Either search/find the payee or manually enter the payee and click “Add.”
Yes, you may submit a mobile optimized registration form.
- Tap the "Bill Pay" button and you will be presented with the “Pay” screen. You can select the “To” field to select an existing payee or click on the “Payees” tab to set up a new payee.
- Once the payee is selected, select the funding account, enter an amount and click on the “Pay” button.
- If you have an unpaid eBill, you can pay the eBill either by going through the unpaid eBills banner at the bottom of the page or on the Payee tab.
- You will receive a Success! message. This message contains a confirmation number. You have the ability to make another payment, or cancel the payment.
Just select the "Bill Pay" button and then the "Scheduled" tab to see a list of pending payments.
To remove a pending payment, go to the "Bill Pay", then the "Scheduled" tab and select the payment you want to remove and select the "Cancel Payment" button. Then confirm that you want to cancel the payment.
When you're ready to log out, select the "Log Out" button at the top right of the page and you will exit the Gate City Bank Mobile App. This will return you to the Login screen.
Ten minutes is the only timeout option. For your security and protection, when there has been no account activity for ten minutes, the session times out and the Gate City Bank Mobile App login page displays with a "Session Expired" message.
For the Gate City Bank Mobile App to work, you must have a mobile device with access to the 3G, 4G, EDGE or WIFI networks.
Click the "More" button to find our support phone number and email address. For help regarding your mobile device and/or wireless Internet connectivity, contact your wireless provider.