Privacy & Security
Privacy & Security
Your Privacy, Our Promise
At Gate City Bank, nothing is more important to us than your safety and security. That's why we take every possible precaution to protect your financial information and your identity. These are our promises to you:
- We will not provide your personal or account information to anyone without your written consent.
- We will not send your confidential information (such as your Social Security Number, account number, or PIN) via email, text, or social networking.
- We will not request that you send confidential information to us via email, text, or social networking.
- We will not contact you via email, text, or social networking and ask you to update your confidential information. If you receive an email, text, or social networking message that asks for that information, even if it appears to come from Gate City Bank, do not respond and delete it immediately. From time to time, you may receive an email from us; however, these emails will never ask for account information.
The security of your Gate City Bank accounts is very important to us. To protect your account, we monitor your ATM and Check Card activity for potential fraud. If we suspect potential fraud, we may call you to verify whether the transactions were authorized by you. So, if you change your home, work, or cell phone number, let us know! Or, if you are making travel plans, plan to call us too! Knowing your travel plans can help us minimize potential interruptions with using your ATM and Check Card.
- Update your contact information. To ensure we can reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct home, work, and cell phone numbers and addresses at all times.
- Let us know if you are traveling. If you plan on traveling, especially out of the country, please let us know. We can provide tips to assist you with uninterrupted card transactions and help you protect yourself from fraud.
- Monitor your accounts. Pay attention to your transaction activity and contact us immediately if you identify any suspicious or fraudulent transactions. Monitoring your accounts is easy with Gate City Bank's FREE Online Banking, Mobile App, Mobile Banking, and Text Banking.
We also want to help you stay up-to-date with current information about how to protect your privacy. Select from the menu on the right-hand side of this page to learn about current fraud schemes, how to protect yourself from identity theft, and best practices for protecting your privacy and the confidential information stored on your computer.
If you believe you have become a victim of identity theft, contact your nearest Gate City Bank office or call your local Phone Banking number. We have Identity Theft Specialists who are trained to assist you in every way possible if your identity is stolen.